Last night I forced myself not to start another set of outfits for my girls but work on finishing the top that would go with these pants instead.
While I had the Red Wings/Penguins game running in the background (Yeah!!!, Red Wings won 5:0) I started AND finished the top.
As mentioned in my previous post about the pants I used Joann's premade smocked fabric and added a summary print for the bodice and straps from that same fabric. Since the smocked fabric is white and quite translucent I also sewed in a premade fleece bikini bra-insert. It was super easy to use and turned out quite nicely.
Now, I really am ready to go on vacation. Just three more weeks to wait...