A top to go with the pants

Last night I forced myself not to start another set of outfits for my girls but work on finishing the top that would go with these pants instead.

While I had the Red Wings/Penguins game running in the background (Yeah!!!, Red Wings won 5:0) I started AND finished the top.


As mentioned in my previous post about the pants I used Joann's premade smocked fabric and added a summary print for the bodice and straps from that same fabric. Since the smocked fabric is white and quite translucent I also sewed in a premade fleece bikini bra-insert. It was super easy to use and turned out quite nicely.


Now, I really am ready to go on vacation. Just three more weeks to wait...

3 comments:

Niki said...

What a great job! I love it, I can't wait to try making my own tops. xx

Trendsetters said...

hi

your blog is awesome..really cool
we have a arts n crafts blog too
http://creationz2009.blogspot.com

we would love you to visit our blog and possibly link our blog in yours. we are happy to do the same in return

thank you

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

so cute!!! I've been making pants like crazy, and this is a great shirt idea to make a set!!

Looks great!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin