Chalkboard Pillows and Apfeltasche

Can't believe summer is almost over. 4 more weeks and the kids are back in school: Kindergarten and 5th Grade to be exact. Time flies.

Today, I want to show you a few girly birthday gifts I recently made. I have come to the realization, that many of the friends the girls have really enjoy handmade gifts over the same old store bought toys.
So, two of them got these cute chalkboard pillows. These are a standard 16x16. Finally, I have found a way to use up all that chalkboard fabric I have. I see many more of these in the future, as the recipients really enjoyed them.

 Both are decorated with my Grandma's crochet flowers and have a removable chalk holder attached to it. I thought, that was a pretty clever idea ;-)

Another gift for a little Lady was this apple bag from Farbenmix stuffed with markers, notebook, crayons, books, etc.. The free pattern can be found here.


As with the pillows, I used up lots of left over fabrics. So, in essence, these gifts cost me nothing ;-)

I will be back later with another great summer activity you can do with your kids.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a great idea for a gift! I do love chalkboard fabric - so much fun!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin