Summer Project - Build a Fairy House

Whether you believe in Fairies or  not, this is a fun project nonetheless.

We started with a nature walk and collected as many sticks, bark, acorns, pinecones, grass, flowers etc. as we could. Basically, anything goes for this project.

To build the actual house, we used twigs from our willow and lots of glue, some nails and, YES, zip ties. Everybody had fun pitching in, even the 10 year old.

We then put the house in a shaded spot in our back yard and the girls went crazy decorating it.




We even made pint sized chairs and a table. Lots of moss and leaves on the floor, so the fairies can be comfortable.

I think it came out really cute.

Now, the girls are checking every morning to see if fairies had been there over night.
And wouldn't you know it?! This morning they found a half eaten raspberry on the table.... ;-)
Even if no fairies or gnomes show up, it still makes a nice outside play house for small dolls.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE this idea! I'm sure my girls would love to try this too- so I'm pinning it to remember next school hols! Thanks for the inspiration!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Lauranie said...

soooooo cute!! the girls look super excited!! I've been extremely lazy this summer....can't you tell by my lack of commenting/posting?? :P Kids are back at school next week...maybe I'll make a return to the blog world??!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin