I must warn you! This post is most of all a pat on my back for:
1. Having Halloween costumes done 4 weeks ahead of time
2. Doing it all from scratch: sketching, pattern drafting, sewing. Everything, based on two Preschoolers’ vague descriptions.
And it wasn’t all that difficult. It just took a little bit of time, measuring and planning. Here are the two sketches I made.
I know, I am not very good at drawing, but you can kind of tell, what it’s supposed to be.
I used the same pattern for both the outfits; and just added some elastic to make the puffy sleeves and the fake sash to the Princess dress. Both dresses have a zipper in the back and the bodices are lined with jersey. Because, well, we can’t have any issues with itchy and scratchy outfits on Halloween...
I also really like Ms. K’s Witch Hat. We actually bought it last year after Halloween for 50 Cents! I just braided the fake hair, added tulle bows to the braids and a big one on top. Perfect!