Straight out of an Oilily Catalog...?!




Just wanted to share a couple of pictures of the new spring jackets I made for Anika and Kordula. I absolutely love the fabrics: they are so bright and cheery. The colors look a little dull in the pictures, because I tend to only have time at night to photograph my creations. So, you just have to take my word for it. For the lining I used bright orange flannel.



I used the Burda 9780 pattern, but did not make the ears and exchanged the snaps with a zipper. If you have ever tried attaching these snaps, you know why a zipper is so much better. In order to sew in the zipper, though, I had to cut off about 1/2 inch on each of the front edges to keep the integrity of the pattern.


The pattern itself was very easy; only 6 pieces to assemble (back, two fronts, three pieces for the hood). Also, I added a hook for hanging the jackets and my label ( ;-)).


Can't wait to give the jackets to the girls on their Birthday next month.

1 comment:

nerida said...

Great job on those jackets! I'm sure the girls will LOVE them! and be cozy too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin