Individualized Placemats and Coasters



February is Fat Quarter Month at Sew Mama Sew. So many people have submitted so many cute and easy projects that utilize fat quarters or fabric scraps. Check out the big list they have. I have marked quite a few for later use and added some to my Honey Do List.


And I have already realized a couple of the ideas; like this purse and now some individualized placemats and coasters for my kids: Hockey-theme for Yanic, because that's his life and a pink cupcake-theme for Anika and Kordula, well, because they are just as cute as cupcakes.





All three of them were very surprised and excited to see their sets on the breakfast table this morning.
I followed this great easy tutorial by Wink Designs.
The top fabrics are all cotton (except the UofM fabric is flannel) and for the back I used a simple creme colored muslin. I prewashed all of them, as muslin has a pretty high shrink factor.
The coasters are made from two 5 inch square fabric pieces and batting.

1 comment:

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Don't you just love Sew Mama Sew?
I must have missed a few of the tutorials,I've spotted some I need to try!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin