Adventures in paper piecing

At the beginning of the year I told myself I would try something new this year. It ended up being paper piecing.
I had seen this cute template at SMS the other week and thought this should be easy enough for a beginner. Well, yes and no. The lower portion, the cup, was fairly easy. But, the top gave me headaches and lot's of seam ripping. For the life of me, I could not figure out how to position the fabrics on an angle, so they would line up straight in the end. I know, sounds stupid, but those straws almost killed me....

Now, I have six cute 5 inch squares with fruity drinks on them and don't really know what to do with it.


Should I just make coasters?


Or a rectangular table topper?

Or this way?

Or a hexagon table topper like this? I guess on the inside it's a hexagon, but the outside would be a dodecagon (Yes, I had to google it.... ;-)).

Or maybe this way?

I can't really ask anybody at home, because they were looking at me like I am nuts making these useless things and all the while cussing them while sewing....

Can you help me?

2 comments:

Jill said...

What GREAT little cups! They would be just perfect to make into coasters!
Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Lauranie said...

Paper piecing...? sounds too involved!! HA! I have been a hopeless mess lately...trying to do too many things at once...thinking "if I can just get this ONE thing DONE!!" The end of the school year is turning into some crazy FRANTIC let's do everything NOW kinda time...all the while I am trying to organize my new sewing space. So I guess what I am saying is...which ever way makes you HAPPY!! I think it would make a cute Welcome Summer banner...seeing all your hard work hanging and NOT getting messy would make me happy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin