I have to say, it is a really easy to understand pattern and works up very nicely (if you actually read all instructions and follow them at the same time...). I tried to wing it a couple of times, but just ended up opening seams afterwards. However, no matter what you do, this is not a one-evening-project. Just cutting all the fabric and interfacing pieces took me two hours. The actual sewing of the bag took about 4 hours. The only modification to the original is, I added a magnetic closure.
To be honest, the bag is quite a bit bigger than what I expected (14.5 inches high, 6 inches deep and about 20 inches side seam to side seam). In fact, for my taste it is too big for every day use as a purse. So, I will be making another purse for myself. A smaller one, of course. Maybe, I will even come up with my own pattern. We will see.
For right now, here are a couple of pictures.