Happy Little Acorn


As promised I was planning to post some of my crochet patterns. Recently I made a cute set of acorns, a chestnut and drawstring bag for my shop. I really liked how the Acorns turned out and wanted to share with you how they are made. Let me know if you find any mistakes in my pattern or if anything is unclear.


This Acorn is worked starting with the stem.


So here it goes:


You will need scrap amounts of brown and one other color of your choice. I used 100% cotton yearn. Further, you will need two safety eyes or scrap of black yarn for the eyes and fiber fill. I used a F-size hook and my Acorns are about 3 inches tall.
Rnd 1: with brown channel 7, slip stitch in second loop from hook and the following four loops, work 6 sc into first ch (6 sts)
Place marker to indicate beginning of roundRnd 2: 2 sc in each st. around (12 sts) Rnd 3: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc; rep from * around - 18 sts
Rnd 4-6: sc in each sc around – 18 sts
Rnd 7: switch color and work round in back loops only. This will form the separation between the Acorn’s cup and the body. – 18 sts
Rnd 8-10: sc in each sc around – 18 sts

Attach safety eyes or embroider eyes with French Knot.

Rnd 11: *Sc2tog, sc in next sc; rep from * around - 12 sts
Rnd 12: sc in each sc around – 12 sts

Stuff Acorn with fiber fill.

Rnd 13: Sc2tog around – 6 sts
Leave tail and bind off. Weave tail through each stitch, pull tight to close opening and weave in ends. Voila!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin